Looking after natural hair can be a handful, but looking after coloured hair……that can be a challenge. Not long ago I finally got my hair dyed blue 3-4 shades of blue to be exact which I adore. I’ve learned a few things on looking after my coloured hair which I want to share with you. So here are a few tips on looking after that gorgeous colour:
1. The most important one I think but the most uncomfortable. Wash your hair with cold water. It helps protect the colour for longer. (Heat actually damages the colour and will make it fade faster!! Not good!!)
2. Always use a heat protector when using heated tools. This will help create a barrier for your colour so it will not fade as quickly. This protection can be in the form of a spray or oil.
3. Avoid using sulfates on coloured hair these can strip that stunning colour from your hair. Always double check hair products for this damaging chemical and avoid it.
4. Products. Make sure the products you use are perfect for coloured hair. (Good brands to use are Toni & Guy, Aussie and VO5 ect)
5. And finally reduce washing your hair to 2 times a week. (Or what your stylist recommends) This lets the natural oils work their magic on your hair. During in between days use a dry shampoo that works with coloured hair to keep it looking fresh and lovely.
I hope these tips help with looking after those stunning locks and keep em looking fresh. If you have any other tips please leave them in the comments and share the wisdom.
Until next time my lovelies.