Hello my lovelies. How are you all this bitter, sunny day? Hope your week has been a positive one. Mine has been a strange mixture. Stay tuned for updates!!
Recently I’ve been looking through some old posts and it dawned on me that I haven’t done a ‘Get too Know Me’ post. I love readings these. You always get to find out something funny or interesting about the author. So without further delay. Here are 25 things about me you may not know:
1. I’m an artist. In both textiles and the drawing sense. I’ve been in love with drawing for many years but lost my love for it after some rude, negative comments from teachers in high school. However the last year I’ve rekindled my love for it and can’t wait to get stuck in more.
2. Born English but bred Scottish. Its a combo that I’m proud of!! (I love Britain and our amazing history.)
3. Some of you may know that I’m a mum too 2 gorgeous chinchilla’s. Or my furbabies as I call them. Damos and Maximillion are close to 1 years old! I’m beyond excited for them!!
4. If your a new follower then you might not know I was born a brunette. Now though I’m a bluenette!! Still loving the colour. 💙
5. Not surprising to some but I’m a novice when it comes to makeup and hair. I may be a lipstick addict but I have no idea how to contour or even plait my hair. Never mind put it in a bun!!!
6. Im happier in the counrty or by the ocean. The roaring waves and the vastness of the open woodlands. 😍
7. Been told many a time that I can talk for Scotland. Got the gift of the gab me and I never shut up. Ross has even said I talk in my sleep!!! Something about birds…….I have no idea either.
8. I have 7 tattoo’s at this moment in time. My 6 star signs for the family and the heart on my right foreman. I do want more in the future, but currently looking for a great tattoo artist who will work on designs with me.
9. I suffer from bouts of insomnia. Hence the dark circles under my eyes. These bags are designer folks!! But joking aside being an insomnac is annoying and exhausting. But on the plus side I am getting it under control.
10. Embroidery. I’ve recently fell in love with this beautiful techinquie and I’m slowly starting to learn more about it.
11. Not a proud one to admit but I’m currently unemployed. However I do have a few interviews coming up so watch this space!!!
12. I’m 1 of 4 children. 3 gals and 1 boy. Being the second oldest is tough, mainly cause you play peace keeper and get a lot blamed on you for some reason. Not sure why though?!?!?!
13. If you ever meet me in person you may be confused by my accent. I can pick accent’s up very quickly or if I’m round people for long periods of time. Basically my accent is a crazy mixture of a few places. (But please don’t call me a fifer! Just no.)
14. I actually stayed a good 10 ish years of my childhood in the Orkney Islands. (Part of my crazy accent!!) The Orkney’s are the Island’s just at the top of Scotland before Shetland. If you ever go I highly recommend the peat hills at sunset. (They look like they are on fire!!)
15. Gamer gal right here. I love games like Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Stardew Valley, Yugioh, MTG, Jak & Daxter, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and the list could go on!!
16. I used to do tons of whelking!! Whelks are the salt water version of snails. These little snails can be found in rock pools all over the coast. Just be careful you dont get a hermit crab. They pinch rather hard. The snails are yummy in a white cheese sauce with garlic butter!! If you ever need a hand whelking gimmie a shout!
17. I’m a tea jenny. Through and through a tea jenny. I can’t start the day without a cuppa and I’ll have like 6-12 a day. It’s a problem I know.
18. Unpopular opinion. I love dark chocolate. I actually prefer it too white or milk chocolate.
19. I despise cream. Whipped cream, pouring cream etc. It’s just not nice. Just no. (Shudders at the thought of cream!!)
20. I’m not a techie person. At all. Anything that goes wrong with my phone or computer I shout on Rossco. But I am learning. Very slowly……..at a snails pace slow.
21. I can not cook to save myself. Well I can just not all that well. Rossco cooks mass majority of the meals and sometimes me. (I’ll be cooking the night!! Wish me luck!)
22. I actually have aniexty. Normally I’m a very touchie, huggy kinda person however I hate it when someone touches me without my say so. I freak and feel like my space has been invaded. Just don’t. I also rip myself apart alot too. Mentally and emotionally. However I do know that it doesnt define who I am as a person.
23. Fantasy, mythology and ancient history are just some of the things I love. I love to dig into theories or learn something new in a subject that I’m interested in. 😄
24. I have so many interests that I can confuse myself easily with them. This goes for ideas too. My mind can at times be a choatic mess of ideas, theories, plots, information or anything else. It can be scary really but so libarating at the same time.
25. I ‘ve been building my confidence over the last 4 years to a point where I will not take anyone’s negativity or crap. I have a brutal attitude to some situations now where I do come off cold and harsh. I was severly bullied in both primary and secondary. And by other people closer too me. It got to a point where the black hole almost destroyed me. But I faught back. And now I’m at a stage where negative comment’s or attitudes will not have an effect on me. That is a good thing.
I hope you all enjoyed some of this new infomartion. Don’t be afraid to leave something about yourself in the comments!! I love getting to know my readers that bit better!
Until next time folks.